Monday 25 August 2014

How I Survived My Father's Casket Plane Crash ––Feyi Agagu


Former Ondo State Governor Olusegun Agagu’s son, Feyi, has finally reflected on the plane crash that nearly took his life almost a year ago, attributing his survival to God. He described his escape from death as a rare miracle for which his family would always be grateful to God.

Feyi was involved in plane crash in Lagos almost a year ago and the plane was carrying his father’s remains to Akure, the Ondo State capital, for a state burial.

He and one of his in-laws survived the crash in which the Commissioner for Home Affairs and Culture, Mr. Deji Falae, the undertaker, Tunji Okunsanya and his son, died.
“I am not just lucky; I am a blessed survivor.” The younger Agagu , who spoke with reporters in Lagos on his traumatic experience, acknowledged that only few could have survived in that moment of uncertainty, tension and anxiety. 
Feyi said: “Not many could have survived a plane crash. It is not something you plan or pray for. It takes God’s grace. I cannot say it was because of how I sat in the plane or where I sat. 
“I just saw the plane going down. I saw smoke and I passed out. When I opened my eyes in the hospital, I could recollect what happened within seconds. I remembered that the plane was going down.”
Agagu’s younger brother and his Chief of Staff, Femi, said friends and relatives would converge on University of Ibadan (UI), Ibadan, for the maiden anniversary lecture in memory of the late governor next month. Agagu was an alumnus and teacher at the university before he ventured into business and politics.

According to The Nation, Femi, who spoke on the life and time of his brother. He said:
“Agagu was a university teacher, deputy governor, minister of Power and Steel and minister of Aviation. He was the governor of Ondo State. As the deputy governor, he fought for the inclusion of Ondo State on the list of oil-producing states. He constructed many roads and opened up the rural areas of Ilaje. The bridges are still there. He established a university in Ondo South. It is still there till today.

“He initiated the Olokola project and attracted other industrial major concerns. It has been the largest investment-driven concern in sub-Sahara Africa. If it has materialised, there would be no joblessness. He started the projects."

No comments: