Tuesday 26 August 2014

I Don’t Like Sex, It’s The Devil –Pastor Who Allegedly Raped 32-Year-Old Woman


It was the devil” were the first four words that came out of the mouth of 42-year-old Segun Olawale, a pastor who has been accused and being held by the Ogun State Police Command for raping his church member on Monday, August 11, 2014 in his church office at Sabo, Ijebu-ode, Ogun State.
According to Olawale, he did not know what came over him on this particular fateful Monday morning during a prayer session for the rap e victim, a 32-year-old woman who was persuaded by her mother (also his church member) to meet with him for counselling and deliverance.
He said if it was not the devil that was behind his action, s ex was one of the things he had little or no crave for at all in life. He also told our correspondent that it was a trap that was set for him to fall and could not explain what happened.

“I don’t like s ex and I really don’t know how to explain how it happened. There was nobody there except God and me. I was in the church for my usual prayer and counselling session with some members when she was brought to me for prayers and deliverance,” he said.
But while the prayer session was going on, Olawale explained that he could not explain how he stripped the victim naked and forced her to sleep with him. He said it was an action he would live to regret all his life.
When pressed further on how the incident happened, he said, “It happened on August 11, 2014 in the church around 10am. The name of my church is Sacred Order Church in Sabo, Ijebu-ode. Her mother, who is also my church member, brought her to meet with me for deliverance. She is around 32 years old. I really don’t know what overpowered me to make her sleep with me.
“I was about leaving the church that day when her mother brought her to me for prayers. I was about going back home from the church. I did not know why her mother wanted to destroy my life. 
She told me she was being brought from her father and that they had a vision about her. I was not the person who saw the vision.
“As she was brought in, I prayed for her and gave her some anointing water. That’s all. Some people were in the church, we were in my office; it was when I was praying for her in my office that it happened. I cannot say how it happened.”
When asked if the victim would be the first Olawale would ever rap e or sleep with in the church, he said he had never rap ed anybody before, and that he just started ministry two years ago. He added that he had prayed for so many women and nothing ever happened.
According to him, he only wanted to solve the problems of the young woman. However, he ended up compounding the victim’s problems.
On how he was arrested, our correspondent learned that the victim told her mother after the incident and then they informed the police.
Olawale said, “Nobody else was there with us. I don’t want this to spread. The police invited me to come to their office and I was arrested. I cannot say what the lady’s problems were but I was asked to pray for her which was what I did. She too is a member of the church.
“In everything we do, we should remember the future. I just started the ministry. I started two years ago. I am 42 years old, I am still single. That was the first woman I would sleep with in the church. I have never done that before, that was the first woman I would rap e. She was not the first woman I would pray for, yet nothing like that ever happened to me.”
The spokesperson for the Ogun State Police Command, Muyiwa Adejobi, said it was unfortunate that some religious leaders were using their positions and influence to take advantage of some of their members. He advised both members and leaders of religious organisations to be cautious.
He said, “It is quite unfortunate that somebody of his calibre should engage in such act. But we will do everything possible to make sure justice is done. We are also using this case as a point of reference to religious leaders out there who take advantage of their members to take a clue from this. It is embarrassing for such a thing to happen. We want to tell all potential rap ists, whether they are religious leaders or not, to steer clear of this dirty act.”

No comments: