Friday 10 October 2014

Poverty Dealt With Me- Nigerian Dancehall Act, Patoranking


Patoranking during an interview on a Ghanaian radio station, Star 103.5FM disclosed that he has once slept on the streets of Ghana just to survive. He also said he was once a student of a Ghanaian university but when he couldn’t afford to pay his school fees, he opted out. The musician, who is the first child of his family, said he had to find a way to get out of poverty just to save his family and today he is glad he made it.

“I had to move from Cape Coast to Accra. I was sleeping on the streets of Osu just to make it. We must make am now…survival at all cost. The only option I had at that point was making it in life because I just had to changethe course of my family, the face of my family you know…being the first child…I just say thank you Lord, he said.

Patoranking is one of the most celebrated Nigerian dancehall acts today.

No comments: