Wednesday 3 February 2016

The Allegations Against Me Are Just Distractions – Amaechi

The minister for Transportation and the immediate past governor of Rivers State, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has disclosed that he suffered a lot in the hands of EFCC as the governor of Rivers State.

“I suffered a lot about corruption without any proof against me by anti-graft agency.”

He made the disclosure while delivering a lecture titled “Legislature and Executive Partnership for Effective Performance,” at a retreat for the executive arms of Plateau State government held at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS) Kuru in collaboration with Jos Business School and German International Corporation (GIZ).

“I was harrassed, though I fought my way through, they accused me of corruption, I suffered a lot, I suffered a lot about corruption. I don’t like money, I believe once you can feed, you don’t need money again, all those who accumulate are doing so to their detriment,” he said.

No comments: